DJ Mag's Joe Roberts has been DJing and putting on parties since the turn of the millennium. A resident at Chew The Fat! at The End until it closed its doors, the last couple of years have seen him play at Space, Ibiza and Ultra, Miami, as well as touring Brazil and Korea, while the end of 2011 introduced new night The Future Now, alongside Jim Warboy, and 25th February launches latest venture Disco Biscuit at a secret London location.
Spanning house and broken beats, and mixing bass heavy bangers with deep discofied gems, classic New Jersey garage with crunk house, his podcast champions some of DJ Mag’s favourite new labels and artists alongside a smattering of scene leaders and classics.
DJ Weekly Podcast 70: Joe Roberts by djmag
1. Capracara – ‘House of Dolls’ (UTTU)
2. Mia Dora – ‘Hypnotise’ (High Sheen)
3. Worthy – ‘Shy Look’ (Dirtybird)
4. GoldFFinch – ‘Point of Entry’ (877 Records)
5. Jon Convex – ‘Pop That P’ (Naked Lunch)
6. DJ Pippi, Tuccillo & Kiko Navarro – ‘Back 2 Back’ (KOKI's Back Dub) (Third Ear)
7. Dense & Pika – Buttplug (denseandpika)
8. Shades of Gray – ‘Back to the Future’ (Peter Horrevorts Remix) (Beef Records)
9. NY Stomp – ‘NY House Track’(Illusion) w/ Karen Young – ‘Hot For You’ acapella (Suono)
10. SLG & Catz ‘N Dogz – ‘Polska 84’ (Pets)
11. LOL Boys & Hot City – ‘Whitney (Jus some shit)’ (UTTU)
12. Green Linez – ‘Feel The Pressure’ (The Phantom Remix) (Diskotopia)
13. PBR Streetgang – ‘Downstroke’ (Deetron remix) (Hot Natured)
14. Mic Newman – ‘The Fidelity’ (Freerange)
15. Houz’ Neegroz – ‘How Do You Love A Black Woman?’ (Nicholas Fierce Beats Remix) (Needwant)
For more mixes visit soundcloud.com/joe-roberts
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.