Eddie Richards has had a hand in almost every phase of UK house culture. From adopting the new form back in ’88, recording as Jolly Roger and spinning early tracks at Camden Palace, to helping create tech house, showcasing the sound on his Fabric compilation a cool decade before the term became ubiquitous, a deep knowledge combined with a love for new music have kept his career alive and relevant.
Having recently rocked Republic Artists’ NYD event in London, he’s keeping this blend of the knowing and the novel together for ‘Soul Is Life/M’Baby’, a double-sided release that awakens his own Storm imprint from a ten year slumber. Featuring two re-mastered classic tracks showcasing Eddie’s deep, tribal sound remixers Mihai Popoviciu and Tigerskin add a touch of the new, taking the vibe deeper and tougher respectively.
To celebrate the release, out 3rd March, we have this exclusive podcast from Eddie.
1. Nick Curly - To Be Told (Bunte Bummler & Steffen Deux Remix) (Cécille Records)
2. Topspin, Dmit Kitz - Hummel (Original Mix) (Save Room Recordings)
3. Hot Since 82 - Knee Deep in Louise (Original Mix) (Moda Black)
4. Mihai Popoviciu - Call Me (Original Mix) (Poker Flat Recordings)
5. NiCe7 - Do It (Noir Music)
6. Seuil - Ultravision (Feat. Jaw) (Supplement Facts)
7. London Grammar - Strong (Jonas Rathsman Remix) (Metal & Dust Recordings Ltd)
8. Eddie Richards -Yeyo (Dachshund Remix) (Storm)
9. Guti – Hope (DFTD)
10. Super Flu - Va Ga Va Ga Feat. Hjalmar (Monaberry)
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.